Aaron K limitedslip.net

27Jun/130

subframe rework

The plan was to lower the car a bit (but not drop it on the ground or anything), so I knew it would be nice to remove some of the recently added negative camber that would result, so the Ireland Engineering trailing arm camber/toe plates were welded in and slotted. This was so much easier with a electric die grinder and a nice carbide cutting bit. So much faster than trying to grind them down or file by hand. Here they are tack welded in place.



IMG_0159

The inner camber adjustment plate created an interference issue in the top most position. I cut a section of the mount out. I decided not to reinforce it, but will have to keep an eye on it. This seemed to be the accepted way of doing this with other e28 subframes.

IMG_0165

Half of the old subframe bushings were already out (fell out), and given the size of them, I opted to cut the metal portion out with a sawzall and hammer it out. Pressed in new AKG poly subframe bushings:

IMG_0169

One piece done, on to the control arms!

Comments (0) Trackbacks (0)

No comments yet.


Leave a comment

Trackbacks are disabled.